Sunday, August 12, 2018

Camp Nanowrimo has finished and I didn't meet my word count goal of 25,000 BUT, I still consider this a tremendous win because words were put to paper every day,I worked on other projects, submitted work to a contest, and all in all, fell in love with writing again. So, major breakthrough there; I dug around in the closet and unearthed old notebooks from high school bursting with stories, poems, and lists of names. I transferred the name lists to another notebook and starting revamping a past project from school that I feeling strongly about. The characters never left when I decided to put that project on the backburner which meant that they themselves weren't wrong just the story. So, here's to the new one.

The reading routine has made a fine comeback and also a realization: I want to be an author more than anything. Right now I'm working a job I love with great coworkers and the next semester is coming up meaning my semester off is coming to a close. I've made the decision that if I become a full time author I won't go back to school; I already have my Associates degree but won't feel the need to finish my Bachelors. I'd also like to point out that after watching The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society(fantastic film! Lily James is a treasure!)I was hit with a nostalgia that came out of nowhere-sitting up way past bedtime to scribble away in notebooks with a Harry Potter soundtrack in my earbuds.  That's the key focus-that writing is worth doing because it's fun and a day dream I'll never quit.

1 comment: